Note:It does not have a compressor or use refrigerant gas, therefore, it will not cool like an air conditioner. In addition, the unit only works well in hot dry climates were air humidity is low.The Honeywell CL30XC 63 Pt. Indoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler offers an energy efficient option for cooling your home or office during hot and dry conditions. Honeywell evaporative air coolers do not require power hungry compressors. The low power consumption (only 252 watts of power on low) translates into significant savings on energy bills compared to using air conditioners. Just unpack, add water/ice, place near open door or window, plug in and use. This unit is ideal for cooling a room up to 320 square feet. Four fan speeds and oscillating louvers evenly distribute cool air through the honeycomb cooling media while the carbon dust filter cleanses the air. The electronic control panel is easy to use and the full-function remote control with onboard storage lets you operate your cooler from across the room. *Note: An Evaporative Air Cooler does not use a compressor or refrigerant gas so it should not be expected to cool to the same degree as a refrigerated air conditioner. Refer to the user manual for troubleshooting steps.
- Uses significantly less electricity than an Air Conditioner in a room up to 320 sq. ft.
- BEST for hot dry climates, where the air humidity is low
- Non-compressor system cools naturally, efficiently and inexpensively (525 CFM air flow)
- Used with open windows and doors, no permanent installation required
- Top-loading ice compartment and 7.9-gallon (63-pint) detachable water tank with low water alarm
- Use in open environments with adequate cross ventilation
- For those living in more humid climates, consider portable air conditioning units or window air conditioners
- Evaporative coolers perform best when the air is hot with low humidity, such as desert areas like the southwestern United States
- Note: The CL30XC is an evaporative cooler, not an air conditioner